Letters: Dated Auto Accident Claim In Owingsville

Hi Chandler,

I was in a car accident almost two years ago and never finished the accident claiming process. I thought that I was doing better and wouldn’t need any more care, but lately, I have been feeling worse. The herniated disc that I got in the accident has been giving me trouble almost to the point where I can’t walk. 

I already received a car accident insurance claim settlement once about a year ago, but it didn’t cover all of my expenses. Is there anything I can do about this now?


Two Years Too Late


Dear Two Years Too Late,

Although two years feels like a long time since your auto accident, in the state of Kentucky, that’s the actual statute of limitations for filing a claim after an accident.

Typically, it’s recommended that you file a car accident injury claim as soon as possible after the accident. This is because it can become more difficult to prove the facts of the case the longer you wait.

But in Kentucky, everyone is required to have personal injury protection (PIP) coverage. That means that if you are injured and your car is insured in Kentucky, you will be able to seek medical care for your injuries.

Your coverage will extend from two years past your last PIP payment, so go ahead and file the additional claim. If you need help with the process, I can definitely assist you. Gather all of the information you have about the facts of the case and your initial medical bills and payments so that we have all of the information we need to get started.

Talk to you soon,

Your Personal Auto Accident Attorney

Maze Law Offices