TOP CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS IN OWINGSVILLE, KY
According to the Kentucky Department of Transportation, 780 Kentuckians died in car accidents in 2020. Of these, a staggering 509 (65%) were impaired by drugs or alcohol. 222 motor vehicle accidents occurred in Bath County in 2020. These crashes resulted in 62 injuries and 2 deaths. When another driver acts carelessly and harms you as a result, you have the right to file a personal injury claim to seek compensation for your injuries. If you are considering filing a claim, contact the experienced Owingsville car accident lawyers at Maze Law Offices today.
WHAT DO I DO AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT?
Maybe you were stopped at a red light when you felt a sudden impact from behind. Unfortunately, the immediate moments after a car crash often directly impact whether your claim will be successful and how much compensation you may be able to recover. This can be incredibly difficult considering you may be disoriented and confused after an accident.
Try to keep the following steps in mind after a car wreck:
- Check for injuries – The most important thing is to make sure you and your passengers are okay. If anyone sustained an injury, call 911 and request an ambulance.
- Report the accident – Sometimes the driver who caused the accident might try to convince you not to report it – stating they will take care of your damages. However, reporting the car wreck is crucial to show that an accident occurred and to get an objective report about it.
- Get the other driver’s information – You will need the other driver’s information to make a claim. Ask the driver for their name, address, phone number, driver’s license number, and insurance information. Also, write down a description of the vehicle and the license plate number.
- Speak to witnesses – Ask any eyewitnesses to the accident for their contact information. Your lawyer may follow up with them later to get their statement. An objective perspective can be a valuable tool in an insurance claim.
- Document the scene – Police will quickly clean up the accident scene so that traffic is not disturbed. Therefore, it is vital that you record as much information about the accident scene as possible. Take pictures of damage to the vehicles and any signs of the crash on the roadway. Shoot different angles of the crash scene. Note the cross streets and any factors that might have contributed to the collision.
- Contact an experienced car accident lawyer – Our Owingsville car accident lawyers can handle your claim so you can focus on your recovery.
DO I NEED A CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER?
The short answer is “yes.” The at-fault driver will likely have an insurance company that will attempt to deny the claim or substantially reduce its value. The insurance company will have its own legal team. None of these individuals or entities are interested in helping protect your rights. By hiring one of our knowledgeable Owingsville car accident lawyers, you are assured that someone is looking out for your interests. A lawyer can investigate the accident, identify all potentially liable parties, and handle all legal aspects of your claim.
If you neglect to hire an experienced car accident lawyer and attempt to handle the claim on your own, you run the risk of:
- Missing the filing deadline and giving up your right to pursue compensation
- Losing evidence that could have established liability
- Having your claim denied by the insurance company
- Settling your claim for much less than it is worth
- Failing to account for expenses or losses you may incur in the future, such as additional medical expenses or decreased earning potential
- Being blamed for the accident
- Signing documents that give the insurance company the right to full access of your medical records
- Giving a recorded statement that the insurance company uses against you
WHAT IS MY CASE WORTH?
Every single car accident case is different. The parties involved are different. The injuries you sustain might be different. You may have a pre-existing condition that makes this injury unique. Determining the potential value of a case is a difficult exercise because no two cases are the same.
The potential value of your case may be affected by factors such as:
- Injuries – Car accidents can cause severe injuries, such as broken bones, spinal cord injuries, and traumatic brain injuries. Generally, the more severe your injuries, the higher the potential value of your claim.
- Other damages – “Damages” refers to the various ways you were harmed in the accident. You have a right to seek compensation for the damages you sustained. Damages might include the cost to repair or replace your vehicle, your lost wages, and any future reduced earning capacity.
- Physical suffering – Some damages are not as easy to quantify, such as your physical and mental pain and suffering. Nonetheless, the law recognizes your right to recover compensation for such non-economic damages.
- Comparative fault – Under Kentucky Revised Statutes Section 411.182, Kentucky is a “pure comparative fault” state. This means that no matter how much you contributed to the accident, you can still seek compensation against any party whose negligence contributed to the accident. However, your portion of fault is deducted from any award you receive. For example, if you suffered $100,000 in damages but were 20% at fault for the accident, your damages would be reduced by 20% or $20,000.
- Insurance coverage – Most car accident claims are resolved through an insurance settlement. The insurance company will try to resolve the claim for less than the maximum coverage available.
The best way to find out what your case might be worth is to contact one of our experienced Owingsville car accident lawyers for a free consultation. We can review the circumstances surrounding your case and give you a better idea about the potential value of your claim.
HOW TO SELECT THE BEST CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS
Some of the reasons why car wreck victims choose Maze Law Offices is because we:
- Start working on cases immediately so we can preserve valuable evidence in your claim
- Provide clear and transparent communication with our clients so they have a realistic perspective about their case
- Develop a personalized strategy for each and every case
- Communicate directly with clients, not delegate communication to administrative staff
- Offer same-day appointments and set up a time that works best for your schedule
- Give clients the time, attention, and dedication they deserve, which has been memorialized in the many 5-star reviews our clients have left
We look forward to working closely with you and helping you hold the responsible party accountable for the harm you have suffered.
HOW OWINGSVILLE CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS WILL HELP
A car wreck can cause serious injuries, pain, suffering, and a huge financial toll while you are off work trying to recover. The Owingsville car accident lawyers at Maze Law Offices work tirelessly to hold negligent parties responsible for their actions. We can get to work immediately on your claim after you contact us for your free case review. We schedule client meetings at the time that is most convenient for you and even offer free, same-day consultations.